Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sur-prize

Johnny from the Johnny's Trading Spot blog recently ran the "big fun game" similar to what Wes does at the Willinghammer rising blog. 

I took the #1, and wound up with a page worth of 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes cards/inserts.


I never did buy any packs of these a few years ago, but the look of the cards is sharp.  I can see now why the Night Owl is trying to complete the set.

But that wasn't all that was in the envelope, Johnny added a few extras for me.  Blue Jays of course!!


Now Tu-lo is a current Blue Jay (and popular at that), but unfortunately this Sportdiscs card features him as a Rockie.  I'll have to see if Johnny from Cards from the Quarry might want to add this to his Rockies collection.


There's Tulowitzki featured as a Jay!  Love the '79 design so this card is an instant winner for me.  The pennant was an instant hit when I pulled it out of the envelope, I think I'm going to affix it to my monster box of Jays cards so I can tell it apart from the other monster boxes that I have in the closet. 

I had never participated in one of these games, so it was fun watching others pick and steal cards from other people.  To be honest, I didn't have the heart to steal anything from anybody, so I decided just to pick the number 1 and see how lucky I got.

Thank you for running the game Johnny and including me!  It was fun and I'll be up for it again sometime.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome, thanks for playing. oscar at ATBATT is hosting one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DefGav is hosting a contest right now, you've got play in that one, its SO EASY!

    ReplyDelete