Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Just a few random Blue Jay cards out of the box

Trying to break up the posts as I'm feeling that I've made the blog a little too hockey focused lately.  As I mentioned, with nothing new coming in lately (or in the near future), I've had to rely on what I have in hand to get some posts out to the blogosphere.

With a couple of boxes of Jays cards on the desk to my left, I decided to go through the unsorted box to see if there were a few cards that struck my fancy.   I did find a few and I'll add just a few random thoughts with each.


This card is phenomenal.  One of the best Blue Jays cards that I own.  Someday I'll have to figure out how to enlarge cards like this and hang them on my wall.  I have so much room, it's like a blank canvas to be used for cards such as this...


There's a bit of hope for my collection as I found these two cards together in the box.  I know that's not going to be true for the several thousand other cards, but it was good to find a pair of framed parallels back to back.

I only wish that the Jays had picked up Reyes earlier in his career...



This is probably the one Blue Jay that I own the most cards of.  I only wonder what would have happened had he played his entire career in Toronto.  A couple of extra years playing DH could have got him to 500 HRs.


Same photo, 2 different products. 

Gotta be tough having a nickname such as Sanchize.  Hopefully next year he can remain healthy and lead the rotation again.  Hard to believe after leading the AL in ERA and HR/9 that he could only gain a contract in the $535K range. 



One of these days, I'm going to collect all the cards I have of players that are like Alomar's above.  I might be able to put together a makeshift deck of cards from Blue Jays and other PC type cards.  Check out the reflection of the SkyDome in Alomar's glasses by the way, makes for a great photo.




Great idea for a baseball set, piggybacking off the success of 90-91 OPC Premier hockey.  Only problem, OPC made the set too Toronto/Montreal focused in my opinion.  1992 Premier was much the same, and they gave up on the concept after that. 

With Irma on the way, I may have time to actually sort some of these this weekend...God willing.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your assessment of that Roy Halladay card. I wouldn't mind having a blown up version to hang up as well!

    ReplyDelete