Monday, October 2, 2017

Inbound and Down #24: Dimeboxes

Does anyone out there type out the entire blog name for Nick?  Everyone just seems to know him as Dime box Nick (well, at least that's what I call him), and I'm sure that there's a lot of people out there that don't know the 6 words that follow Dime boxes on his blog header.

Yes, I had to look to see what the 6 words were as well.  Nick is one of the first people I think of when I have a bunch of extra inserts from current releases, and a couple weeks ago after sending him a batch of inserts, an envelope came my way full of cardboard that hit my needs...


I haven't hit the 2002 portion of my Thome collection on my PC blog, but Nick managed to send a couple of cards of Thome that I needed from that year.  It is like he can read my mind.


A lot of word around Blue Jays twitter the past couple of days that Josh Donaldson would be willing to sign a long term deal to stay in Toronto.  He is the team's star right now, and I'm sure that I am one of a million or more Jays fans that would love to see him stay for the next handful of years. 


I know that Nick collects Vlad Guerrero senior, so I was a bit surprised that VG Jr. wound up in the package.  If this fellow is anywhere near the player his dad was, the Jays are going to have themselves a great player.  He hit .323 in 437 ABs in 2 levels this year, and walked 14 times more than he struck out.  Can't wait to see him on the major league roster!


I saw some of the Heritage high numbers packs at the store last time out, but decided not to purchase any.  I'll probably stick to the base set this year.  Speaking of Heritage base, Nick sent me over 40 of those to put a nice dent into that want list.


The big brick of Blue Jays included a half dozen John Olerud cards.  Every time I see more of these, I get tempted to start an Olerud collection.   Maybe one day...


This 2017 Archives red parallel of Marcus Stroman was the piece de resistance in the envelope.  I showed it off on Twitter when I first got the envelope to thank Nick, as it is #'d 17/25!  I have no doubt that he found this card, buried somewhere in a dime box to send my way.

Thank you again for the great envelope Nick, it is appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. I myself sometimes forget my unabridged blog title. If I could go back in time to when I first launched the blog, I'd probably trim it down to just "Dime Boxes."

    I actually pulled the Stroman from a pack of Archives earlier this year, a definite rarity since I almost never get low-numbered parallels from packs I buy. And if you do ever decide to start an Olerud collection, I have a good amount of dups I could send your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick always delivers a great trade package!

    ReplyDelete