Monday, April 23, 2018

Inbound and Down #38: Cardboard Clubhouse

About a month ago I posted on the blog that I had an extra 83-84 Wayne Gretzky card for anyone who cared to take it off my hands.   Adam from the Cardboard Clubhouse blog swooped right in and claimed it for himself, and the start of our first trade (I believe) began.  Adam also was looking for some Joe Sakic's (of which I have a few) so I sent along a nice piles of dupes I had wanted to part with for some time.

Adam responded to my envelope in kind.   Very kind indeed.  First off some Toronto needs in both baseball...

LOVE the black A&G cards

and hockey were taken care of.


The first card I saw in the envelope was the Ken Linseman card from '91 Score.  I had to look it up, and sure enough, '91 Score is the only card that features him in a Leaf uniform so I was quite pleased to see that.  It's the bilingual version, there is one other version that is also just in English which I'll have to see if I can pick up.

The bulk of the trade package came in the form of 1984 Topps.   About 50 of them altogether.



Getting these 50 means that I'm just over 1/3 done with the '84 set.  For me, that means relocating the want list over to the "well under way" tab and getting an actual want list up (instead of a haves list).  I like both the '83 and '84 Topps sets which feature the 2nd photo on the bottom of the card.  I would have to say that I definitely prefer the '83 set that has the circular inset, rather than the boxes you see on the '84. 

Adam, I appreciate the trade and the cards you sent, thank you!!  Look forward to doing another trade in the future.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Glad the cards arrived safely! Thanks again for the trade.

    ReplyDelete