Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Inbound and Down #40: ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession

There's a couple of things I really like about the 47 Topps Heritage cards I received in the mail today.  First, they knocked 47 numbers off of the giant want list.  Second, they came from a fellow blogger that I didn't have to send cards to!!

Many of you know Adam from the ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession blog.  Whilst hunting to knock off a portion of my 2017 Heritage want list on Sportlots on the weekend, I came across a seller whose name I recognized.  Turns out Adam sells a fair bit on Sportlots ( or so it seems as his feedback score is over 600) and had a bunch of cards I needed.

Easy enough.  I won't show you all of the cards as you've seen most of them in the past.  But I did scan 18 of them just for show and tell...



'68 Topps is one of my favorite sets from the 60's, and one day I'll get around to picking up some more cards from that set.   I might have a better shot of finishing '68 Topps faster than I will 2017 Heritage (OK, that's a long shot since the Nolan Ryan RC costs about a mortgage payment yada yada...)

When you click on the link to Adam's blog that I posted above, it will direct to his post from April the 17th documenting his completion of the 1969 Topps set, a feat that I am hoping to duplicate some day.  Congrats on that Adam, and thank you for the very quick shipment on these cards!  (Ordered Sunday, in the mailbox today.  Can't beat that!!)

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. I love the '68 set-and the 2017 Heritage. Good luck finishing this set (i still need about a dozen SPs)

    ReplyDelete