Tuesday, May 1, 2018

On this date: May 1, 2008

I've wanted to do posts like this for quite a while, and now that I can find cards in my collection a helluva lot easier (hooray!) I have the ability to write one of these quickly.


  • A.J. Burnett pitches 7 2/3 shutout innings against the Red Sox, allowing just 3 hits while striking out 5 in a 3-0 win.
  • The Blue Jays finish the day 12-17, 4.5 games behind Tampa Bay.
  • Blow out of the day:  The A's put a 15 spot on the Angels and don't have any hitter drive in more than 2 runs.
  • I picked the Topps Heritage card from 2008 because A.J. looks shaggy in the Topps/Bowman cards (same photo).  Plus the '59 design is fantastic.
 Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I always like this-day-in-history kinds of posts. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete